The most significant benefit in booking a private class with me scheduling: you get to decide the start time each day, and you get to negotiate the days on which the class will happen. This flexibility comes at a slightly higher price than for public online classes, with a few more added benefits.
- Exercises and curriculum can be tailored to your organization’s context and needs. I can adapt some of the exercises to target your organization’s own products or services.
- Your organization may opt to have work reviewed for the group or for individual students.
- When the class is taught to a private group, participants can bring up topics without fear of divulging confidential information to outsiders. (I am of course willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.)
- Rapid Software Testing classes are designed not only for testers, but for anyone who tests or evaluates software. That includes testers, programmers, development and network support people, documentation folk, technical support representatives, even salespeople and marketers—and anyone who manages testing work. James Bach and I have designed classes specifically for managers and coaches. We have taught classes specific to developers and to a marketing department.
Private Class with Consulting
The majority of the RST classes are taught privately for companies and are tied to our consulting work. When I do a private class for your organization, I can fine-tune the class to your needs. Many companies hire me to consult with them for a few sessions before or afterwards about their unique issues. Others like to work with me for several days to observe development and testing and to focus the agenda for the class. More About Consulting
In more normal circumstances, I visit the company and work on-site. During the pandemic, I have done this work online, enabled by Zoom or other video-conferencing and screen-sharing technology.
- I typically present private online classes as 90-minute webinars, three sessions per day, with half-hour breaks in between. This is negotiable.
- I typically deliver private classes on consecutive days. This is also negotiable. Since travel is not an issue, online classes can be distributed over non-consecutive days (for instance, two days one week, two days the next).
- Unlike public online classes, you can negotiate the times at which webinars and breaks occur, making it possible to tailor the schedule for your people and your time zone.
- The class is normally delivered via passworded secure Zoom sessions. I am willing to consider other platforms; I have delivered the class via GoToMeeting, for instance. For me, though, Zoom affords features that bring me a little closer to face-to-face interaction with the participants.
- Whether live or online, the maximum number of students per class is usually 25, although there may be flexibility about that in some cases.
If you want to inquire about a private class for your organization, contact me, Michael Bolton.
Prices vary depending on where and when you want the class, and if you want any extra services.
In certain regions I work through agents. If you’re in such a region, I will connect you with my agent.