You can find an extensive list of presentations and courses that I've taught, including the slides and speaker notes for many of them, here.
Coming up—let's meet!
Check out my schedule, and drop me a line if you'd like to get together when I'm in your part of the world. If you'd like me to work with you and it doesn't look like I'm available, remember that my clients' schedules are subject to change, so mine is too. Finally, note that some conferences offer discounts—and even if they don't advertise it, maybe we can work something out.
January 19, 2019
An online "Ask Me Anything" session with The Test Tribe Facebook group.
March 11-13, 2019
For the first time in Iceland, a public offering of the Rapid Software Testing 4.0 class, organized by Endurmenntun. Registration is here, with Early Bird rates available until February 11.
April 1-4, 2019
San Francisco, California, USA
The Software Test Professionals Conference (STPCon). I'll be giving a keynote talk on Testers as Their Own Worst Enemies - and maybe I'll be doing more. Keep coming back to find out! More information here.
April 8-10, 2019
A public, three-day Rapid Software Testing 4.0 class, organized by Test-Ed. Register here.
April 15-17, 2019
For the first time ever in Brisbane, a public, three-day Rapid Software Testing 4.0 class, organized by Test-Ed. Register here.
April 29-May 2, 2019
Orlando, Florida, USA
The STAREast testing conference organized by TechWell. I'll be giving two full-day tutorial workshops: Critical Thinking for Software Testers, and X-Ray Vision For Testers: How to Analyze Things.
May 15-17, 2019
A public, three-day Rapid Software Testing 4.0 class, organized by House of Test Switzerland. Register here.
I help people to solve testing problems they didn't know they can solve—and I teach them how to do that for themselves.
- Consulting on software testing to software development organizations from startups to global enterprises
- Consulting on due-diligence evaluation of software or testing processes for companies engaged in mergers and acquisitions
- Testing and evaluating software, development projects, and processes based on the project community's requirements, project goals, development practices, business needs, and other context drivers
- Presenting in-depth, experiential courses, workshops, seminars, and clinics on software testing worldwide
- Helping product teams and management in understanding, co-ordinating, scheduling, and integrating testing into the product lifecycle; fostering clear communication between project stakeholders
- Providing testing and program management services to software companies and engineering groups in the early stages of product development, ensuring proper planning and co-ordination until permanent staff becomes available
- Providing short-term program management, testing and configuration management services to development and engineering groups in order to rescue runaway projects and bring them back under control
- Providing advice and assistance to companies and program managers in establishing simple, effective, non-invasive processes that help to ensure the delivery of high-quality software projects on time and on budget
- Qualifying, hiring, and training of permanent program management and engineering staff
- Sixteen years of experience providing training and consulting services to companies involved in a wide variety of software and Web development projects, including large banking, retail, mass-market commercial software, networking, startups, small service shops...
- Co-author (with senior author James Bach) of Rapid Software Testing, a course and a methodology of testing that focuses on the skill and the mindset of the individual tester to perform excellent testing more quickly and less expensively, in a way that stands up to scrutiny
- Ten years of teaching Rapid Software Testing courses and workshops in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America; and four years of prior experience teaching software testing
- Four years of experience as a columnist for Better Software Magazine, the world's most prominent software testing and quality assurance publication
- Respected and highly rated speaker at numerous worldwide conferences, including STAR East (Orlando, FL), STARWest (Anaheim, CA), Amplifying Your Effectiveness (solo and co-presentations with James Bach, Fiona Charles, and Jerry Weinberg), EuroSTAR (Stockholm, Den Haag, Copehagen, Manchester, Gothenburg), STeP-IN Forum (Bangalore, India), expo:QA (Madrid, Spain), STANZ (Wellington, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia)
- Writer of section on exploratory testing in Agile Testing by Crispin and Gregory.
- Author of "An Analysis of Costs in Software Testing", featured in How To Reduce the Cost of Software Testing.
- Program Chair for EuroSTAR 2013
- Winner of the inaugural CapGemini Award for Innovation at EuroSTAR 2008
- Program Chair for the Conference for the Association for Software Testing, 2008
- Program Chair for the Toronto Association of System and Software Quality, 2005 to 2008
- Founder (with Fiona Charles) of the Toronto Workshops on Software Testing, 2005 - present.
- Four years experience as program manager for a major commercial software company, delivering eight major releases and ten maintenance releases which set the company's highest standards for quality and timeliness
- Program Manager for QEMM-386 (which was, at its time, the best-selling software product in the world, per PC Magazine), DESQview, Quarterdeck (later Norton) CleanSweep and other products.
- Repeatedly assigned to rescue troubled software projects late in development process, bringing them back on schedule to release; also co-ordinated first company releases of several externally-developed products
- Directed internal product teams averaging twelve core members and up to thirty associated members, including subsidiary offices in Europe
- Successfully managed relationships with outside development groups in external sites from Los Angeles to Israel
- Principal author of company-wide product life cycle manuals and extensive technical documentation
- Practical experience in all aspects of product life cycle, including specification, programming, quality assurance, configuration management, technical support, marketing communications, training, and documentation
- Presented company products as primary speaker at Comdex USA, Comdex Canada, Pacific Rim Computer Show, and other national and international trade shows
- Author of VSS2CCM, a tool to migrate Visual SourceSafe version control databases to Continuus/CM, a configuration management product
- Co-author of INTLAPI, a software library written in C++ to aid companies in rapid internationalization of existing code